When Draper’s Onyx Permanently Tensioned Screen frame was introduced in 2003, our customers loved the easy way it was assembled, the clean beveled look and the very reasonable price. It was one of the most successful product launches we’ve had.
Nine years later, it is still our best selling fixed wall screen, and it is even better! Here are five reasons to love our Onyx Screen…
- New Mitered Corners! Precision-cut mitered corners eliminate the gaps where corner and frame meet, while maintaining the elegant bevel.
- New Viewing Surfaces! While we still offer our standard flexible vinyl and acoustically transparent fabrics, we recently introduced four new fabrics for the Onyx, including Draper’s award winning High Performance XS850E Ambient Light Rejecting fabric!
- Same smooth, uniform tensioning with our patented fabric Retention System! No Snaps!!!
- No corner reinforcing! By eliminating the injection molded corners, we’ve eliminated the need for extra reinforcement in the corners for large screens. (Flown screens and curved screens still require a corner reinforcement kit.)
- New Powder-coated finish! For those commercial applications when our Vel-Tex black felt-like frame cover is not needed, the Onyx frame now comes painted with a textured black powder coat. Still simple, attractive, and elegant.
For those of you who are fans of our Clarion screen, fear not! The same improvements made on the Onyx have been made on the Clarion, too. The Clarion has a slimmer 2” frame width, and features the first four improvements listed above.
If you haven’t tried our Onyx or Clarion screens yet, don’t you think it is time you did? These improvements are now shipping for both products.
You can see our new Onyx frame at CEDIA Expo 2012 in Indianapolis this week! Visit us at booth #5025 to see for yourself.